Wednesday 11 January 2012

Games Galore!

So yesterday I got through alot of gaming.

I had a mid-morning 40K battle against my friends Daemons. I'm still learning the rules of 40k and decided to take a foot slogging Ork army. By the end of the game, I had 10 Lootas left while he had 2 Flamers, a Soul Grinder, 2 squads of 8 Bloodletters and 7 Bloodcrushers. An entertaining game and I learnt a bit more. Think my next list will include 9 Killa Kans a Deff Dread and 2 Big Meks with Kustom Force Fields. I'll give that a go :)

Afternoon saw me and Will have a game of Blood Bowl. We decided to try out different teams which we havent used before aren't used too. I brung my newly comverted Skaven team and Will brung his Humans. I ended up winning 2-0, the Gutter Runners Dodging and running for the Touchdowns. I did have 3 rats killed and I didn't have any subs. I think I'd have to think about dropping the Rat Ogre if I were to take the Skaven into the League.

And in the evening the game I had most been looking forward too. The return of my Skaven army. I need to get used to playing with them again, but I wanted to try out some new toys. I knew I was coming against Ogres, and Alan usually brings 4 Mournfangs with Ironfists. I thought I'd take 10 Jezzails to have a little pop at them and try them out. He took no Mournfangs and had a Vanguard unit of Maneaters, and another unit of Poisoned Sniper Maneaters. I took too many toys and he got first turn. The super accurate Ironblaster took the Doomwheel out first turn. The Jezzails were out of range of the BSB so they got a Panic Test spell at them and they fled. The most impressive thing for me this game was Cracks Call (always a winner vs Ogres) and the Brass Orb. Too many toys cost me more troops although I was still fielding 171 models. I'm going to stick with the 2K list I have made to take on Rob's Daemons and get them painted and looking pretty. If a rat can look pretty that is ....

No comments:

Post a Comment